Thursday 22 March 2012

Digital workshop with Mary

I find doing digital a hard thing to do, not because I can't pick up the techniques or learn what they are teaching, more that it goes against what I really want to be working on. Right now I have a passion for making thing with my own hands that take hours; that I can touch and feel and change and really put my sweat, tears and sometimes even blood into. I know it is an important skill for us to have in the future, but part of me wants to rebel against this fast moving and digital age we are moving into. I want to go back in time when there weren't the technologies, or even the fabrics and materials we have now. This is why the blog, and the finished idea of the project having to be digital are so hard for me to have to do, and feel more like a chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment