Wednesday 14 March 2012

5th March 1-2 pm Unit X: Talk Notes

This project is about Evolution, Opportunity, New directions, Careers, Portfolio futures, Opportunities to share, External opportunities and New estate. The title has been intentionally left blank so that we can make it exactly what we want it to be. This just seems too wide for me. It's a highly daunting concept feeling like you could do anything, but only one thing at the end.
The project is loosely called 'Interrogationg Manchester' - The city, future living, the role of the creative practitioner and community. We are asked to think: what is a city? How does it work? How do they grow and change? Indeed cities and scary, busy and hostile places, but there are small 'villages' of people creating tight communities.
I feel more peaceful with the statement: digital will never fully take over because of the 'happy accident' which works only in a community. I am not very digitally minded so this was a scary concept for me. But I believe that are and design will always need people; and maybe I need to prove this.

No comments:

Post a Comment