Wednesday 15 February 2012

Personal brief

Joanna Dyas Project Two: Personal Brief

My project has been based on surfaces holding memory, through stains and other marks, and how these properties relate to human memory. To continue these ideas, I intend on broadening the visual research with photography and drawing, focusing on the deterioration of painted surfaces. My interest is in detailed organic marks especially in deterioration, therefore focusing on machine stitch for the second time to develop my current ideas. This will include pintucks and tailortacking as used previously. Also I intend to develop this concept, with the addition of metal and latex, reflecting the surfaces with the most interesting peeling paint; and to explore 3D construction as an additional direction for the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment