Tuesday 24 April 2012

Drawings of mould inspired by photo


 From the starting point of that last image of the powdery blue mould, I started drawing the textures and shapes I liked out of it. I found the fluffy and soft aspect interesting, and also this sort of jelly bean shape. The colours were also fun to experiment with, I added a lot more green tones then I could see in the images because they lifted the image.





This image is interesting because I dropped a large quantity of ink onto the paper and then added water and from looking at the photos I have taken of moud the shape fits in really well.
 Here were my forst attempts at adding 3D into the drawings, actually creating a texture out of toilet roll which would also soak up colour amazingly.

This last image shows how I have treid to link the drawings back to my original ones using the spiral element which I feel adds a large part of the movement to the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment