Tuesday 24 April 2012

Making!

The work in long strips was nice but I wanted to experiment with natural shapes, and the cirlce encompassed the idea of our lives becoming completely combined, and an emphasis in the future on community.


Here I even created the circles entwining together aswell.
Here I wanted to incorporate hand embroidery and a more traditional way of working. Before working onto willow I experimented on fabric in a very tradtional way.


 I loved making this piece, but it did take most of the week. It reflected both the colours I am most interested in and the movement and spreading of disease.
 It would be good to be able to do this quicker in a digital way using photocopying and photoshop. It has the hand made element but doesn't take the level of effort. Some are definatley going to stay very slow though because that is my whole ethos, and I would like to make some of them into recorded, stop motion pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment