Tuesday 24 April 2012

Seeing the Mould Cultures

So a week on, we have gone back and looked at the mould cultures we collected from different places and photographed them, and seen them under microscopes.


 This one is the most different because it is like a fuzz across the agar instead of a 3D shape and it links in witht the textures I used previously. Also the colour is beautiful.

 These two plates bring in new colous witht the dark green and the peach orange, and mustard yellow. These could be a good contrast and something to set off the powdery blues.


 Using the mould as a filter where you can see Manchester behind. This could be a way of linking the city with the project.
 We can now start using the colours we have from tht mould to inform our colour palettes, thankfully my colours already linked in with the moulds, especially the one above. There so many otherexciting colours we can add though! I love this luid green just oozing out of te top of this culture.


These are going to encourage me to start working more 3D. I don't want to just recreate the mould I can see though, so I am planning on drawing very frrly with the shape, texture and colour as inspiration. I want to create small scale on a big scale, really detailed. We are planning to draw collaboratively from the images on friday but I would like to start some of my own before hand.

I need to star making a colour palette with thread and gouache!

No comments:

Post a Comment