Tuesday 15 May 2012

My final samples

                            
 Latex samples. These represent the agar plate and the area on which mould grows. I added paint and cotton wool to these as they were drying to create more texture and to show the idea of organisms growing onto a medium.
 Cotton wool samples. I made a lot of these near the end of the project because I had simply rolled them in water and paint so they were easy and quick to make. This was useful because we needed to bulk up the amount of samples towards the end. I also embroidered into them which I love, but they were time consuming and the camera didn't pick up the detail ayway.
 Crocheted circle samples. These were used to bulk up the amount of samples by the end because they were small and quick to make. These are just a few of them, I made about one hundred in all.
 Crocheted and french knot samples. I loved making these because they were a different technique and showed skill, and aso linked in with the slow in beautiful theme thrugh the slow hand processes used.

 Cotton wool buds and paint. These were good as they tied in the surgical and sterile element of our ideas and the idea of adding paint represented the contaminating of Gavin's lab in Microbiology with our mould growths.
A quick overall image of all the samples I managed to make in the time. I feel as though I made a lot of the samples when others maybe didn't feel it as important to make as many. I  am glad I did though because the overall film really benefitted from a substantial amount of samples to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment