Thursday 17 May 2012

Final Project Evaluation

Group work: I feel as though I myself have worked well within in the group. There have been people who have not pulled their weight the whole way throught the project, and I felt Steph, Claire and I carried the rest of the group on occasions. By the end of the project however everyone did pull together and we managed to create some really exciting work.

Own Project Development: I was a bit slow getting into the project but I think that is because it was 10 weeks long so the sense of panick wasn't there from the begining. Once I had got started I found a topic I was able to stick to easily and carry on into made and drawn material. The crochet, atex and cotton wool samples I created evolved and moved on to a point until I realised we just needed bulk rather than beauty for the final filming and I was taking too much time over each one. The slow hand processes I used reflected the 'slow is beautiful' idea and I felt really connected to that idea for the future through actually doing it.

Contextual research: As a group the artist research was really interesting and pushed the ideas from the beginning, however each person still had very different ideas of where the project was going and the research reflected that and sent us in far too many different directions. Once we had found the Andrew Huang video and been to visit microbiology to collect our own photos, I didn't feel the need to research into the art world any further for inspiration as our work would have started to look like theris and too may more ideas would have arisen which we wouldn't have had time to deal with.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jo - You are doing such powerful work. Would you consider sharing some of the images here as Creative Commons (share alike) licenses images so that other artists can attribute but build upon your goreous organic works? Please contact me Dr Janice K Jones at University of Southern Queensland. jonesja@usq.edu.au

    ReplyDelete