Sunday 4 December 2011

Manchester Art Gallery

Similarly to the Dark matters exhibition, the interactive section on the 1st floor always attracts me. Reading the small tags left on the suitcases cn be really touching, but also is a shcking reminder for me of just how many children were evacuated.


Also on the 1st floor, the work of Adolphe Valette, especially Hanson Cab at All Saints 1910. I feel a strong connection to this image as I see this view over the park every day. It is an interesting idea to mirror the two different times and relate similiarties and differences and maybe merge them together.


The mixed media used in Built up Coast 1960, Peter Lanyon is inspirational to me beceause it was a way I always used to work, but haven't done since starting my degree. The layering of different materials to build up a beautiful surface is something I want to bring back into future work.

No comments:

Post a Comment