Thursday 3 November 2011

1st Workshop, Hand processes

 Things which look really different yet are actually very similar. The three drawings above are of rocks in the Manchester museum. They have completely different aesthetics yet have the same atomic structure.
Linking the hand processes workshop with Sleuths, Spies and Lies. French knots in the pattern of the atomic structure of a Ruby.
Linking with the surface pattern and encrusting of minerals on rocks.
Charcoal creates a beautiful representation of surface reflections on minerals. 1st drawing workshop really helped with this.

Changing the tension in fabric by using the force of additional thread. Linking the tw workshops together in a less obvious way.
Hand processes workshop: didnt find as inspiring as I thought I was going to, or learn as many different techniques as I had expected to. It was more about my own development, very self directed in techniques I was already familiar with. It did however aid the direction of my project into the next workshop. And i'll use these techniques in further work rather than focusing on machine stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment